Wednesday 9 February 2011

Question 6: What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?

I have learnt a lot about technologies during the filming and planning of the media product, utilising computer programs properly has also been very important throughout the project.

Whilst researching and planning the product two websites had become very important, Facebook and Google. Facebook was used for the majority of our audience feedback, and this proved very effective and useful. We chose Facebook for the feedback as it is very easy to find a wide, or carefully selected group of people to voice their opinions. The reason we used Google was because of its images and calendar functions. The images function was very useful whilst creating our moodboard for finding relevant images quickly and easily. The calendar function proved very useful for time keeping as it allowed us to easily input dates and times to help us with deadlines.

When creating our animatic we used a DSLR (Digital Single Lens Reflex) camera to capture the still images needed. The camera was great, the picture quality was good and I found it simple and easy to use. When we had captured all of the images we imported them into Premiere pro, which we had previously used in the preliminary task. we then put the SD card into the computer and imported the images to create our animatic.

The use of this blog also helped throughout the project, it gave me a place to keep on top of all my work. I could  easily access or edit anything that I had done. It also allowed me to easily present my work to anybody that wanted, or needed to see the work. Another website that helped me greatly throughout the project was Youtube, this site allowed me to view other movie openings from the same genre. It also allowed me to compare our opening to other so I could see similarities and differences.

Onlocation. 
Another piece of technology that we used was a video camera, this was relatively easy to use. Once all the clips were captured we used Adobe Onlocation to "capture" the clips. We connected the camera to the up  using a fire-wire to allow us to get the clips onto the computer, We then exported them to Premier Pro where we edited the clips to make our movie.







Premier Pro was the program that we used to actually piece the movie together, at first it was overwhelming but we quickly got used to most of the functions. Premier pro allows you to cut clips, add music, and pretty much anything else you want. I found this program very useful, without this program I think that the clip would be of a much lower quality. Once the video was finished it was very easy to save it into a .FLV  format and upload it onto youtube.

I feel that the group and I have learned a lot about the technical side of film making, including the equipment and the programs used to achieve a decent video. I also believe that the whole group has achieved a decent level of understanding about editing movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment